As individuals we are declaring five points in our personal and professional lives – you can commit to these yourself by completing the form below.
Many members of Health Declares are also working to influence healthcare institutions at local and national levels – if you wish, we can put you in touch with those relevant to you through this form as well.
1. I recognise that the climate and ecological emergency is a health emergency.
2. I recognise that the health impacts of climate change are unfairly distributed and exacerbate existing health inequalities.
3. I will act in both a professional and personal capacity to reduce the severe risks to public and global health.
4. I will communicate the importance of these threats to health to my colleagues, decision-makers and the public.
5. I will call on my organisations and government to tell the truth, respond fairly, and act in keeping with the urgency of the threat.