Health Declares Climate and Ecological Emergency
We are a group of health professionals and organisations from across the UK. We recognise that the climate and ecological crises are health emergencies requiring urgent action, and we are committed to acting and advocating to protect planetary and human health.
Sign Up To Our Pledge
As individuals we are committing to five pledges in our personal and professional lives – you can sign up to these pledges yourself by completing the form below.
Many members of Health Declares are also working to influence healthcare institutions at local and national levels – find out more and get involved here.
1. I recognise that the climate and ecological emergency is a health emergency.
2. I recognise that the health impacts of climate change are unfairly distributed and exacerbate existing health inequalities.
3. I will act in both a professional and personal capacity to reduce the severe risks to public and global health.
4. I will communicate the importance of these threats to health to my colleagues, decision-makers and the public.
5. I will call on my organisations and government to tell the truth, respond fairly, and act in keeping with the urgency of the threat.